Working for Tekmar Energy, the role of the Senior Design Engineer is, as part of a team to carry out a wide range of engineering design activities, ensuring that projects meet the technical requirements in the most efficient and compliant manner. The Senior Design Engineer will be involved in overseeing subcontracted works, through to fundamental design, mechanical and thermal simulation of components and systems, prototyping and physical testing and on-site and subcontract manufacturing processes.
- Provide oversight to sub-contracted engineering deliverables, reviewing, interpreting, and providing guidance on any further engineering requirements
- Reviewing client contract documents with respect to technical input
- Creation and checking of technical documents to support the Development, Sales, Project, and Manufacturing phases
- Creation and checking of calculations, manufacturing drawings and general arrangements to support the products through their life cycle
- Use of Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD and sketching to provide conceptual and detailed designs
- Analysis of mechanical systems using hand calculations and non-linear FEA with ANSYS. Developing calculation sheets and modelling methods as continual improvement
- Working closely with colleagues across the business, take ownership of design development, manufacturing, testing and take appropriate corrective actions where required
- Lead technical aspects of the project delivery within Internal and Client meetings
- Efficient and rapid development of new product technologies, following a formal TRL process applied to new products, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Evaluating the performance of designs using FMEA and other techniques. Leading design reviews to ensure designs meet the required specification and industry standards
- Drive efficient delivery of engineering deliverables
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience in a design engineering role
- Experience in product development, design and structural analysis.
- Good knowledge of industry and regulatory codes in offshore industry.
- A good understanding of mechanical engineering principles (statics, thermal, fatigue etc).
- Experience in selecting and designing with polymers and metals.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Subsea, Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas Industry experience.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Experienced user of Autodesk Inventor or similar parametric modeller
- Experienced user of Mathcad and/or Excel for engineering calculations
- Experience of ANSYS
- Experience in Orcaflex software
- Leadership & Decision Making – takes accountability; self-starter using initiative; decisive and convincing; motivates, empowers and provides clear direction
- Supporting and Co-Operating: Works well with people; team player; collaborator; builds trusts; upholds and promotes Tekmar’s values and principles
- Interacting and Presenting: Builds relationships with key stakeholders; ability to influence, persuade and negotiate; confident presenter and strong communicator
- Organising and Executing: Planning and organising through monitoring of clear objectives; customer orientated, and results driven; complies with company policies and procedures to get the job done
- Adapting and Coping: Adapts and responds to changing circumstances effectively; maintains positive outlook and clarity in the face of set-backs and pressure
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2022
If you do not hear anything following the deadline please assume your application was not successful.
Strictly no agencies.