Tekmar Group plc
Group Finance Director
The Group Reporting Accountant will play a key role in supporting the continued growth of the business and will work closely with the FD, CFO, CEO, and other senior leaders within the business. In addition to leading to provide high-quality financial reporting, you will also be responsible for providing accurate information to inform Board and senior management decisions and support the business strategy. You will lead in the development of current financial systems and processes, contribute to standardising practices across group, and provide analysis of business performance and trends.
You will be a team player and act as an ambassador for driving continuous improvement throughout the finance function, contributing to the development of, and providing support to other members of the finance team.
The Group is embarking on a business integration programme to bring the businesses together and drive efficiencies. This role will be essential in supporting this change and will offer you the ability to develop your skills and further your career in an exciting plc environment.
- Manage the group monthly reporting process and preparation of Group management reports, providing variance analysis and commentary on financial performance, trends, and KPI’s
- Preparation of the interim and annual reports for Group plc along with supporting investor presentations, in accordance with latest FRC guidance, whilst also ensuring we provide shareholders with interesting and informative content.
- Development of Group consolidated budgets and forecasts, providing consistent 3-year modeling for P&L, BS & Cashflow, and supporting KPI’s
- Move the Group to the next level of financial reporting, using business intelligence and analysis, including online reporting dashboards and automation where possible
- Development of the current financial reporting system and controls, streamlining current reporting activities whilst maintaining controls
- Support the financial integration of the businesses across the group
- Ownership of subsidiary statutory accounts process and filing
- Liaising with external auditors
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects across the group as and when the need arises
Qualifications and Experience
Necessary skills and attributes
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Strong technical background, familiar with external reporting under IFRS and statutory reporting requirements
- Experience of working in a group consolidation role
- Robust working knowledge and experience of Sage 200
- Strong reporting and analytical skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in excel, word and PowerPoint
- Impressive organisation and planning skills, works in a methodical manner, deadline-oriented
- Excellent communicator, establishing and maintaining effective business relationships across both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of working
- Flexible and motivated individual who is willing to go the extra mile
Desired skills and experience
- Experience of multi-currency environment
- Acquisition integration
- Experience of developing use of and implementing financial systems
- Knowledge and experience of plc reporting requirements