Tekmar Energy Limited is looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to join the finance team as a trainee accounts payable administrator. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship in AAT.
Working as a core member of our fast-paced and dynamic finance team, the apprentice shall gain valuable insight into the workings of a corporate finance team from day one. The apprentice shall report directly to the Assistant Accountant and shall work alongside and gain valuable insight into the varied roles within our full finance team including Management Accountants, Financial Controller, Accounts Receivable Coordinators, and Finance Director. Our supportive team will work with the apprentice to help guide and develop their finance career.
The apprentice will receive thorough guidance in how to undertake their role. Below is a comprehensive list of what the Accounts Payable Administrator role would involve. The apprentice shall work their way up to be capable of executing this non-exhaustive list of tasks, one step at a time.
- Build relationships with suppliers, including being the main point of contact and dealing with queries in a timely and professional manner
- Purchase invoice processing, matching and payment
- Support processing of supplier payments
- Ensuring all mail into the Finance Inbox is dealt with in a timely manner
- Reconciling supplier statements and accounts
- Ensuring all purchase ledger transactions processed ahead of Purchase Ledger close to meet month end reporting timeline
- Ensuring all financial transactions are processed in line with financial controls
- Monitoring of open purchase orders in liaison with budget holders
- Support team with weekly cash flow forecasting
- Support team with balance sheet reconciliations
- Support team with expenses processing
- Provision of financial support to other departments, including preparation of any bespoke financial reports as required
- Instigate initiatives to improve results or drive process efficiency
- Cover for other activities as required due to peak workload or absence
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or above
- This role will include liaison with Creditors and internal colleagues therefore good communication skills (face to face, virtual video calls, via email, telephone, etc) are essential
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
- Computer literate using Microsoft Office and a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel i.e. ability to input data, basic formula, formatting, etc
- The apprentice will be the main point of contact for internal colleagues and external suppliers for invoice queries & payments therefore a good level of customer service shall be required
- The apprentice shall have a passion for learning and an interest in company finances
- Following on from the above, the apprentice will also have a natural desire for problem-solving
- The apprentice will be able to work as part of a fast-paced, friendly, and dynamic finance team
- The apprentice will continually seek improvement and more efficient methods of working
- The apprentice shall work in a structured and methodical manner, able to organise their own time and workload and understand the significance of deadlines
Please note that all applications are tracked and managed through Northern Skills Group (NGS). We are unable to consider applications via any route other than the NSG website. All applications made are considered and sifted by the team at NSG. Applicants shall find out whether they have been successful or not via NGS. To ensure we operate fair and equal opportunities for all, Tekmar have no input into the consideration of applicants.