Tekmar Energy ltd
Contractually based at Newton Aycliffe (+Hybrid)
Tekmar Energy is a pioneer in the offshore wind industry, and has an enviable reputation for the design, manufacture and supply of subsea cable, umbilical and flexible protection systems for both the offshore wind and oil and gas sectors.
Working for Tekmar Energy, the Sales Manager will play a crucial role in achieving the company’s order intake targets for its product and service portfolio in the global offshore wind market. The Sales Manager will also be responsible for effectively managing responses to customer ITTs/RFQs, with key support from the Proposals Engineer, Engineering and Project teams. Building and maintaining strong relationships will be a key focus, along with generating new business opportunities to ensure the successful delivery of the annual budget.
The role will strengthen the Sales Department and duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Seek out new sales opportunities and enquiries.
- Maximise the enquiry conversion rate and achieve high order intake levels.
- Ensure contract sales margins are maximised whilst minimising the contract risks.
- Inspire and support research and development initiatives.
- Cross-sell Tekmar Group products and services to existing and potential new customers.
How to achieve:
- Act as main point of contact for offshore wind customers during the pre-contract phase, ensuring high levels of responsiveness and exceptional customer service.
- Lead and co-ordinate responses to ITTs/RFQs with collaborative support from other departments, following the defined sales process.
- Develop and manage the offshore wind opportunity pipeline, providing detailed monthly reporting.
- Formulate and execute “win strategies” through Major Sales Opportunity and Key Account Plans.
- Continuously build and strengthen relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate and demonstrate the value proposition of Tekmar’s product and service offerings.
- Gain a deep understanding of the market landscape, customers, competitors, and other stakeholders.
- Support the co-ordination of Tekmar’s global agent network, optimising their sales within the sector.
- Review and approve proposals and tenders, adhering to the sales process and authority policy.
- Lead the negotiation process and co-ordinate support from various departments.
- Facilitate smooth handovers to the Projects team and other operational departments, following contract award.
- Uphold and ‘live’ the Tekmar Group values – Work Together, Do Things Right, Break the Boundaries.
- Ensure compliance with and actively promote the company’s procedures and policies.
- Undertake any other duties, as required to support the company’s goals within the scope of the role.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in similar roles in the offshore wind or oil and gas industry.
- Strong proactive drive and hunger to secure work and close-out contracts.
- Experienced in communicating and presenting to audiences at all levels.
- Tactical and strategic sales experience.
- Detailed and methodical towards problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to accommodate business needs.
- Passionate about the offshore energy industry.
Please see the full job description for desirable/mandatory.
- Leadership and decision making – takes accountability; self-starter using initiative, decisive and convincing; motivates, empowers, and provides clear direction.
- Interpersonal skills – effectively communicates and interacts at all levels, including customer based – understanding customer needs and able to communicate with the organisation.
- Supporting and co-operating – works well with people; collaborator, builds trust; upholds and promotes Tekmar’s values and principles.
- Interacting and presenting – builds relationships with key stakeholders (internally and externally); ability to influence, persuade and negotiate; confident presenter and strong communicator.
- Organising and executing – planning and organising through monitoring of clear objectives; customer orientated, and results driven; complies with company policies and procedures to ensure the job is done.
Closing date for applications: 15 September 2023